How do I make pancakes?
Time is on your side with this easy pancake recipe, requiring just an hour of preparation and 35-45 minutes of cook time. Whether you’re craving a sweet treat or planning a cozy dessert session on a rainy day, these light and fluffy pancakes are your go-to option. Give the classic recipe a delightful twist by substituting half of the Snowflake cake flour with Snowflake nutty wheat.
- 500ml (280 g) Snowflake cake flour
- 2ml salt
- 500ml water (for softer pancakes, opt for 250ml water and 250ml milk)
- 5ml brandy or fresh lemon juice
- 2 extra-large eggs
- 30ml Cooking oil for frying
- 250ml Cinnamon sugar for sprinkling
- Sift the flour and salt together.
- Whisk together eggs, water, and brandy. Add to the dry ingredients and beat until the batter is smooth and lump-free. Let the batter stand for at least 1 hour before use. If the batter is too thick, adjust by adding more water.
- Lightly oil and heat a large, heavy-based frying pan. Pour enough batter into the pan to cover the base and fry until lightly browned underneath. Flip and brown the other side.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar and roll up for a delightful pancake experience.
This versatile pancake recipe yields 15-20 pancakes, depending on the size of your pan. So, whip up a batch and savor the joy of homemade goodness, perfect for any occasion!